Assistant Project Manager
Language Department has dedicated over 25 years to providing the highest quality language services, using an intelligent and experienced community of translators. We offer our clients a wide range of language services across many diverse industries, including translation, proofreading & QA, on-site interpreting, website support and more.
As a growing LSP, we need a hard working, passionate Assistant Project Manager to join our dedicated team.
About the Position:
Our Assistant Project Manager plays an integral role in our core team. In this position the right candidate will facilitate the cycle of each translation project from end to end.
This role offers the opportunity to directly impact the growth of a successful international company. The candidate will be working with a diverse and talented group of people, interfacing with clients and the translation team directly. It is a great opportunity to be an integral part of an emerging international language service provider.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- Flexible hours
- Ability to work remotely
Our Ideal Candidate is Someone Who is:
- Analytical and organized, with quick problem solving capability.
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced work environment.
- Has highly proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, HTML, XML.
- Has experience in the use of CAT tools and other translation software.
- Ambitious and with a desire to learn and progress.
- Delivery of translation projects to the client’s expectations, while achieving targeted levels of profitability.
- Analysis of files using translation memory tools.
- Compiling estimates and proposals for approval.
- Management of translation team: Assignment of appropriate translators, rate negotiation and deadline coordination with relevant entities.
- Strategic project planning involving best methodologies, processes, and risk assessments.
- Accurate documentation and filing of all project related materials.
- Working with Senior Program Manager in identification and development of project/process improvement opportunities.
- Hosting regular, documented verbal and written communications with clients and internal team members.
- Degree in either Translation Project Management, Computer Science or a business-related area or 5 years of equivalent work experience.
- Bilingual Spanish/English is a MUST.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven customer service experience.
- Demonstrated experience growing accounts.
Additional Desired Skills:
- French proficiency desired
- 1 to 3 years of project management experience
- Financial monitoring is extremely desired
To apply, email us at: email@example.com:
- Your CV
- A concise cover letter detailing your experience and interest in Language Department
- Include the words: “Translation Memory” in your subject line