The World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development is recognized around the world, every year on May 21st. As a part of the larger international community of language as a whole, this day of celebration is especially near and dear to our hearts.
We consider ourselves to be true promoters of understanding, inclusion and acceptance through language comprehension. Diversity is something that should be celebrated and acknowledged every day, and doing just one simple thing can help to bridge these cultural gaps, ultimately leading to greater development worldwide.
There are so many ways to commemorate the ongoing development of cultural diversity. For instance, you could…
1. Cook an amazing meal based on another culture’s staple foods.
2. Listen to some traditional musical from a faraway land.
3. Plan a movie night featuring foreign films produced all around the world.
4. Try your hand at an international sport (there are so many to choose from!)
5. Visit a museum or art gallery dedicated to other cultures.
6. Volunteer with an organization working towards greater cultural diversity and understanding.
7. Get started learning another language by translating foreign literature, poetry or lyrics.
8. Localize your company website to reach even more cultures and new markets.
How will you share your love for cultural diversity this weekend? We’d love to hear more!